Friday, June 8, 2007

The Attack Begins...

Interesting that "suddenly" both Spamhaus and several of the spam Blocklist sites are all under a large-scale and sustained DDOS attack. Probably the same one that Nick Danger was threatening to undertake (with help from others.) Could this be "the treatment" he had in mind?

A reader posted in a comment on my previous posting that Nick Danger / Marion Lynn is now being lambasted by his fellow comment-posters on ljworld.com.

I'd just like to add that since I'm nowhere near that region, nor do I care to bother with it, I am not a member of that site, and I'm not doing any posting there at all. (It looks like I didn't have to anyway.)

Marion made the following posting:
5 June 2007 at 12:13 a.m.

Marion (Marion Lynn) says...

Oh yare not only getting ready to help with the sales of my book but to bring down Spamhaus and Spam-Court; both of which have malingned me with out proof but with malice aforethought.


Note the date. June 5th. I'm not the only one who did.

On June 8th, a contributor named "Guntrainer" posted the following:
8 June 2007 at 6:25 a.m.

GunTrainer (Anonymous) says...

Compare that with the June 7 news item at http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/
"Thursday, June 07, 2007
Spamhaus, uribl, surbl under DDOS attack

This has been ongoing for a couple of days now. Spamhaus and two other major blocking list providers have been under a distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attack."

I wonder if Nick's buddies realize just how much self incrimination is going on here? How did Nick Danger / Marion Lynn know about this attempt to "bring down Spamhaus" as he puts it, at the very moment it began?

This turkey is asking for an early Thanksgiving.
Indeed!

As a followup: Spam-court.com appears to be back so my previous (lengthy, so apologies) posting on its demise was premature.

DDOS attacks always remind me of a three year old having a tantrum. "Spammer doesn't get what he wants, spammer cries. Spammer want!!"

I would love it if someone would instantiate a "turn off your pc day", where everyone - no matter where they were - HAD to turn off their computer or disconnect it from the internet. Make it some kind of grassroots operation so it fed into the promotion of greenspaces or a music festival of some sort.

Even half of one day with all the infected zombies in the world off the network would sincerely damage these criminals' ability to perform these attacks.

I don't know what it would take to do it but I for one would donate to such a cause.

My thoughts go out to the diligent crews behind these blocklists. People around the world have no idea how much effort they put in to reduce the flood of unwanted crap email that we would all literally be buried under. The term "just delete it" doesn't even come close to solving this obvious problem. Spammers want every one of us to have 10,000 copies of their messages every single day. They get mad when it's "only" 20 or 30 copies a day. Then they throw a tantrum.

I hope this leads to several arrests, since a lot of eyes are watching this one. Nick Danger may not be actively participating in this attack (and in fact it's highly unlikely) but it's clear he and others have been in touch with several individuals, either on bulkerforum.biz or via other means, who could make sure it happened.

SiL

P.S. This has further exposed that Marion Lynn is also involved with a non-profit called "Computer Waste Solutions", who I'm sure would not be happy to learn of his unscrupulous beliefs regarding the treatment of homeless people or operating as a trader of stocks, not to mention the charming company he keeps over on bulkerforum.biz. (Whether he spammed or not, ever in his life, he definitely has a very skewed view of what constitutes fair trading in the stock market.)

It's also brought up that he appears to be a militant pro-lifer with a new book which is about to be published. I'll try researching that one as well, but as I say I'm kind of done with him. I could never have dreamed that the ljworld community would take this and run with it as they have. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Good to see ljworld's comments, so many too, against spammers. :) Never even heard of this site before. - M